Most of the time, people are blind to the effects of NOT honoring their word, when, in fact, it is to your power for your “yes” to be yes. Accordingly, operating with integrity will ALWAYS benefit you even when it is hard or inconvenient to do.
Jesus tells us, “But let your ‘Yes’ be ‘Yes,’ and your ‘No,’ ‘No.’ For whatever is more than these is from the evil one” (Matthew 5:37 NRSV, emphasis added).
Whatever does not honor your word, in which your “yes” is not a “yes” and your “no” is not a “no,” is from the enemy of God.
You operate under the flesh — under the evil one when you dishonor your word and behave out of integrity
What can you do to clean up the mess you are in? How can you restore the integrity in that particular area in your life?
Give five (5) ways to address the mess you are experiencing in your life right now. Commit to participating in cleaning up the mess. Write your commitment statement below and keep the integrity of the word your write here.
Mess: My wife and I are having a divorce.
Cleaning up the mess:
- I commit to asking my wife for forgiveness.
- I commit to renewing our marital vows.
- I commit to open the lines of communication with my spouse.
- I commit to serving my wife whenever I can.
- I commit to laying down my life for my spouse like Christ did for his church.