ROASTED SWEET POTATOES & BEETS RECIPE
Total: 80 mins | Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 60 mins | Yield: 4-6 servings
- 5 medium beets (washed, trimmed, peeled, and cut into chunks)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder or granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (cut into chunks)
- 1 red potato (scrubbed and cut into chunks)
- 1 large red onion (or white onion, sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic (sliced)
Method of Preparation:
- Gather the ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- In a bowl, toss the beets with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Spread the beets out on a baking sheet lined with parchment baking paper.
- Begin roasting the beets for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil with the garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Place the sweet potatoes, red potatoes, onions, and garlic in a large bowl. Pour this over them and mix well to incorporate.
- Take the pan out of the oven and add in the sweet/red potato mix. Continue baking it all for another 45 minutes, stirring after 20 minutes, until all the vegetables are cooked through.
- Whether you prefer large or small pieces, it’s important to keep the size of the vegetables fairly consistent so they’ll cook evenly. Try approximately 3/4-inch chunks, you should end up with tender, nicely caramelized pieces with the suggested cooking times.
- Think beyond side-dish, and you’ll find lots of uses for these delicious veggies. Try adding them to a wrap, or using them to top baby greens for an instant salad. Or, spread the veggies over a pizza crust or focaccia, sprinkle with crumbled goat cheese or Parmesan, and pop in the oven until the cheese melts.
- Make It A Meal: For a simple, yet elegant meal, pair the roasted sweet potatoes and beets with Salmon, and steamed basmati rice.