Lentil Broccolini Patties
Total: 20 min | Prep: 10 min | Yield: 6 – 8 servings
- 2 Cups Broccolini florets
- 1 cup Black Petite Lentils, cooked and drained.
- 1 cup of Sweet Potatoes, roasted.
- 2 tsp Tahini
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 inch to 1 inch piece of ginger, minced
- 2 tsp Tamari
- Pink Himalayan Salt and Pepper to taste.
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- Mixed Greens for Salad
For the Dressing:
- 6-8 Tbsp Tahini
- 12 Tbsp Water
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- Pinch of Pink Himalayan Salt
Method of Preparation:
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Whiz the Broccolini florets in the food processor until it has a meal or rice like consistency.
- Add the lentils, and the sweet potatoes and pulse the food processor just until those ingredients get combined.
- Add the tahini, garlic, ginger, tamari, salt and pepper and pulse again until everything is just incorporated and you can form a ball from the mixture.
- Scoop or shape patties to be approximately 2-3 inches in diameter and about 1/2 – 3/4 of an inch thick.
- Heat the coconut oil in a non-stick skillet or cast iron pan over medium heat.
- Add the formed patties and allow to cook on each side until you get a nice, golden brown color. (about 2 or 3 minutes)
- Transfer to a parchment lined sheet pan and place in the middle rack of the oven for 10 minutes or until the patties are heated all the way through and have taken their shape well.
- Keep scraping the sides of the food processor down so the ingredients get in contact with the blades. You may have to repeat this process until you get the right consistency and everything is combined.