One of the ways Satan sets up a kid to grow up in lawlessness is through fatherlessness.
One of the ways Satan sets up a kid to grow up in lawlessness is through fatherlessness. From the website KidsNeedDads.com, we see the statistics linking fatherlessness to lawlessness:
- 63% of youth who commit suicide are from fatherless homes.
- 90% of homeless and runaway children come from fatherless homes.
- 85% of all children who exhibit behavioral disorders live in fatherless homes.
- 71% of all high school dropouts are from fatherless homes.
- 75% of all adolescent patients in chemical abuse centers come from fatherless homes.
- 70% of juveniles in state-operated institutions come from fatherless homes.
- 85% of all youths now in prison grew up in fatherless homes.
The statistics also tell us that children from fatherless homes:
- Are 5 times more likely to commit suicide than children from single-father households;
- Are 20 times more likely to have behavioral problems;
- Are 20 times more likely to become rapists;
- Are 32 times more likely to run away;
- Are 10 times more likely to abuse chemical substances;
- Are 9 times more likely to drop out of school;
- Are 33 times more likely to be seriously abused;
- Are 73 times more likely to be fatally abused;
- Are 10 times as likely to be in a juvenile prison.
Researchers at the University of Pennsylvania and Princeton University found that boys whose fathers were absent from the household experienced double the odds of being incarcerated, even when other factors, such as race, income, parent education, and urban residence were held as constants. The study also showed how parents who part ways during the adolescence of their children were roughly 1-1/2 times more likely to end up in jail as children from intact families, faring slightly better than boys who were born to single mothers.
Satan is intentional in how he ensnares young people, and it is through the epidemic that he made widespread — fatherlessness. God had a solution. His remedy is the spirit of adoption. God’s plan of redemption for the entire human race does not involve simply paying for the price for sin through the blood of Jesus, it is also about adopting us as His children, co-heirs of Christ. God was not, and will never be an abusive or absentee father. He is an ever-present Father who provided for His children a great inheritance.
The spirit of adoption releases us from the spirit of bondage and fear — which is the spirit of the fatherless.
The spirit of adoption releases us from the spirit of bondage and fear — which is the spirit of the fatherless. Instead, it causes us to be adopted into the Kingdom of God, regardless of how broken our earthly family has become. Paul wrote, “For you did not receive a spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received a spirit of adoption. When we cry, “Abba! Father!” (Rom. 8:15).
I want to personally invite you to our LIVE CONFERENCE CALL and get exclusive access to our prophetic conversations.
1) Call 515-604-9266
2) Go to startmeeting.com, and use the login: BishopJordan